To meet the climate targets set out by the Paris 2015 Agreement, namely further decreasing CO2 emissions, it is necessary to increase the share of renewable energy in the energy mix and to replace fossil fuels at a progressive rate. Hydrogen has the great advantage that it cannot only be used as a long-term storage solution for electric power but also as a feedstock for industry, or as fuel for mobility.
With the worldwide enthusiasm for hydrogen rising, and the number of hydrogen-related undertakings increasing, it is foreseeable that the role of hydrogen, and in particular green hydrogen, will continue to grow in the future. Apple Vision endeavors to contribute to the shaping of a sustainable future by applying its knowledge and experience in the pipeline, refinery and petrochemical plant to the design of hydrogen production, storage and transport facilities.
Apple Vision’s engineering expertise covers the entire hydrogen value chain and offers solutions for a large spectrum of hydrogen-related projects. This includes the design of facilities for renewable electricity generation, water treatment and desalination, as well as hydrogen production, storage, and transport.
Apple Vision renders all the services required for the successful implementation of hydrogen projects.
Specialized Services for Hydrogen Projects:
- Technical safety studies
- Venting/blowdown studies
- Heat radiation and gas dispersion calculations
- Hazardous area calculations
- Overall energy integration studies
- Upgrade and modification studies
- Pipeline system optimization
- Site selection studies and pipeline routing
Areas of Expertise
- Renewable power generation
- Conversion of hydrogen to power
- Water treatment
- Water transmission
- Gas treatment
- Hydrogen refueling stations
- Gas storage
- Production of green chemicals
- Pipeline transportation systems for hydrogen
- Heat integration
- Nitrogen production
- Ammonia production